Welcome! Below is information for those who are new to yoga and/or new to Yog Samarpan.
If you’re entirely new to yoga, we’re glad you’re beginning a new journey. Let us help you navigate with our Beginner’s Guide & FAQ.
Do I need to reserve a spot online before coming to class?
Yes, in order to save time when you arrive and to guarantee your place in class, we highly recommend you create a profile in the Yog Samarpan system.
What Should I Bring?
Your yoga mat and a water bottle. Yog Samarpan provides all the other Yoga props you will need to participate in class at no cost. Don’t have your own mat? No problem. We also provide complimentary filtered water. We do not have showers; however, we do have hot towels on hand to help you freshen up.
What Class Level is Right for Me?
We recommend beginners start out with Level 1-2 or 1-3. These classes focus on teaching the foundation necessary to build a safe, lifelong practice. Get the personal attention you deserve by choosing the right class level for you.
Level 1: Beginner/Gentle (I’ve taken 0-5 Classes)
Level 2: Intermediate (I’ve taken 6+ Classes)
Level 3: Advanced (I am familiar with headstands, backbends)
We also offer private Yoga classes to students who want a more private introduction to Yoga, please contact us to schedule your session.
What are the Different Types of Yoga?
Yog Samarpan offers several traditions of yoga, including: Hatha, Yin, and Vinyasa. Learn more.
What Should I Expect?
While individual classes will vary to some extent, yoga classes at Yog Samarpan are made up of a series of poses called asanas. Asanas include standing poses, seated poses, twists, forward bends, back bends, and inversions.
– Wear workout clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in. Socks and shoes are not worn during class.
– It’s best not to eat a big meal at least 2-3 hours before class. Avoid drinking too much water during class, but remember to hydrate afterwards.
– All of our classes are drop-in, so there is no need to reserve a spot.
– Before class begins, let the instructor know about anything that might affect your practice, such as injuries, pregnancy, recent illness, chronic health conditions, anxiety, depression, migraines, etc. Women who are menstruating will do alternative poses, guided by the instructor, during poses that are not recommended for menstruation.
– If it’s your very first class, please arrive about 10 minutes early to check in to class and get acquainted with the studio.
– Yog Samarpan has changing rooms as well as cubby space for your clothing and personal items. Shoes and coats can be stored on the shelves in the changing area. Please take all valuables into the studio and place them in the cubbies.
– Please be sure to turn off your cell phone.
– Rehydrate with some complimentary filtered water. Freshen up before heading back to the office with hot towels infused with aromatherapy oils.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline, originating in India. The word yoga in Sanskrit literally translates to “yoke,” meaning to join or unite. The goal of a yoga practice is to bring the body and mind together into one experience.
Built on three main structures meditation, breathing, and exercise the yoga practice is designed to increase the body’s efficiency and total health.
Yog Samarpan is devoted to helping urban professionals relax, unwind, and move their bodies, and so our classes emphasize stress reduction and relaxation. Our mission is to allow students to depart from their work environments and have the opportunity to look within, refocus, and regain a sometimes lost sense of perspective.
Is there a place where I can change and store my things during class?
Yog Samarpan has changing rooms as well as cubby space for your clothing and personal items during class. We recommend you leave any valuables at home/work or bring them into the room with you for the duration of class.
Do you have Showers?
We do not currently offer showers. We do provide warm towels infused with aromatherapy oil during the afternoon so you can freshen up before heading back to the office.
Do you sell Gift Certificates?
Yog Samarpan offers gift certificates for a class card or any amount.
Still have Questions?
get in touch